The Bear Essentials:
University and Scholarship Information
Please sign up for my email list to get the latest updates (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ministry of Education Student Transcript Service
Grade 12’s need to create an account on this page to forward marks to university. See the Powerpoint for instructions on how to sign up.
1. BC EXCELLENCE SCHOLARSHIP: School can nominate one person.
Submit the following form to Mr. Fraser by January 15th, 2018.
2. Dogwood District Awards – application form is below.
3. B.C. Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarships
4. FormSwift Scholarship Program (https://formswift.com/startup-scholarship)
5. Odenza Marketing Group Volunteer Award (http://odenzamarketinggroupvolunteeraward.com/)
The Canadian Women in Municipal Government Scholarship
Burger King Scholarship
BC Cowboy Heritage Scholarships
6. StudentScholarships.org 10 WORDS OR LESS SCHOLARSHIP (seems bizarre but legitimate)
B) This scholarship is provided by StudentScholarships.org. In order to apply for our scholarship follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.facebook.com/myscholarships and place a comment on any post you see answering the question:
In 10 words or less, tell us why you deserve the $500 scholarship.
2. Before or After writing your Answer you will also need to “Like” our Facebook page. Note we will only read the answers provided from people that have “Liked” our page.
Please Stay Up to Date
I highly recommend that parents become involved in their son or daughter’s scholarship search and application process. Many applications and many deadlines are missed as students get busier throughout the school year and put things aside. I urge all Grade 12 parents to add their names to my email list so that I can provide updates directly to you. Please send an email to email@example.com and ask to be added to the email list.
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academic Counselling Department
At St. John Brebeuf our goal is to assist our students in pursuing post-secondary options and workplace options that are best-suited to their interests and aptitudes. To support our students along this path we provide academic counselling and career planning through the Academic Counselling Department. The Department is open on an appointment or drop-in basis throughout the day to assist students with course selections, career planning, university, college or trades program research and general academic support. Together, the Academic Counselling Department and Learning Centre coordinate a highly effective Peer Tutoring program in which senior students provide academic assistance to other students in the school. The Academic Counselling Department also provides information on external and internal scholarships and external testing (TOEFL, SAT, ACT, etc.) and assists students with work experience placements.